1492 Danish Proverbs / Page 2
- 11. "Peter, I am taking a ride," said the goose, when the fox was running into the wood with her.
- 12. 'Almost' does not push a man off his horse.
- 13. A bad hair cut is two people's shame.
- 14. A bad horse eats as much as a good one.
- 15. A bad tree does not yield good apples.
- 16. A bad wife wishes her husband's heel turned homewards, and not his toe.
- 17. A barren sow is never kind to pigs.
- 18. A beautiful face is admired even when its owner doesn't say anything.
- 19. A bird may be ever so small, it always seeks a nest of its own.
- 20. A bird never flew on one wing.
|Quotes by Power Quotations|