65 Congolese Proverbs / Page 3
- 21. He who is free of faults, will never die.
- 22. I own a cow in heaven, but I cannot drink her milk.
- 23. If you are too modest you will go hungry.
- 24. If you tell people to live together, you tell them to quarrel.
- 25. Let him speak who has seen with his eyes.
- 26. Little by little grow the bananas.
- 27. Love is like a baby: it needs to be treated tenderly.
- 28. Lovers do not hide their nakedness.
- 29. Lower your head modestly while passing, and you will harvest bananas.
- 30. Man is like palm-wine: when young, sweet but without strength; in old age, strong but harsh.
|Quotes by Power Quotations|