65 Congolese Proverbs
- 1. A bald-headed man will not grow hair by getting excited.
- 2. A cat goes to a monastery, but she still remains a cat.
- 3. A house with two keys is worth nothing.
- 4. A little subtleness is better than a lot of force.
- 5. A pretty basket does not prevent worries.
- 6. A pretty face and fine clothes do not make character.
- 7. A priest sees people at their best, a lawyer at their worst, but a doctor sees them as they really are.
- 8. A single bracelet does not jingle.
- 9. An idiot will cross an ox with an elephant.
- 10. Being well dressed does not prevent one from being poor.
|Quotes by Power Quotations|