1852 Chinese Proverbs
- 1. "I heard" is good; "I saw" is better.
- 2. A bad man talks about what he has eaten and drunk -- a good man about what he has seen and heard.
- 3. A bad word whispered will echo a hundred miles.
- 4. A bad worker quarrels with his tools.
- 5. A bad workman blames his tools.
- 6. A bar of iron continually ground becomes a needle.
- 7. A base person often thinks of a man of honor as mean as himself.
- 8. A beautiful bird is the only kind we cage.
- 9. A beautiful flower is incomplete without its leaves.
- 10. A big tree attracts the gale.
|Quotes by Power Quotations|