71 Burmese Proverbs
- 1. 1 day 1 yard. Bagan won't move.
- 2. A diligent person will soon prosper.
- 3. A genuine ruby wont sink and disappear in mud.
- 4. A good character is real beauty that never fades.
- 5. A hero only appears once the tiger is dead.
- 6. A ship-load of fish gets spoiled, because of 1 spoiled fish.
- 7. A stitch in time saves nine.
- 8. A stupid act entails doing the work twice over.
- 9. Alertness and courage are life's shield.
- 10. An unmarried woman is not honored, even if she has 10 brothers.
|Quotes by Power Quotations|