579 British Proverbs
- 1. A bad shearer never had a good sickle.
- 2. A beggar can never be bankrupt.
- 3. A black plum is as sweet as a white.
- 4. A cat has nine lives.
- 5. A chain is no stronger than its weakest link.
- 6. A cheerful wife is a joy of life.
- 7. A child's service is little, yet he is no little fool that despises it.
- 8. A crown is no cure for the headache.
- 9. A deaf husband and a blind wife are always a happy couple.
- 10. A fair wife and a frontier castle breed quarrels.
|Quotes by Power Quotations|