1852 Chinese Proverbs.
1. "I heard" is good; "I saw" is better.
2. A bad man talks about what he has eaten and drunk -- a good man about what he has seen and heard.
3. A bad word whispered will echo a hundred miles.
4. A bad worker quarrels with his tools.
5. A bad workman blames his tools.
6. A bar of iron continually ground becomes a needle.
7. A base person often thinks of a man of honor as mean as himself.
8. A beautiful bird is the only kind we cage.
9. A beautiful flower is incomplete without its leaves.
10. A big tree attracts the gale.