10 Angolan Proverbs
- 1. Any visitor to the country who drinks from the River Bengo will never want to leave.
- 2. Chance all; see what destiny yields.
- 3. He who goes to Our Lady of Muxima with an evil heart risks being drowned crossing the river to get there.
- 4. It is the voyage not the ship that matters.
- 5. One spoon of soup in need has more value than a pot of soup when we have an abundance of food.
- 6. The mysterious road beckons the young man.
- 7. The one who throws the stone forgets; the one who is hit remembers forever.
- 8. The real journey of discovery begins in old age.
- 9. The squirrel does not talk back to the elephant.
- 10. To be sure that your friend is a friend, you must go with him on a journey, travel with him day and night, go with him near and far.
|Quotes by Power Quotations|