8 Ancient Egyptian Proverbs.
1. A blow is repaid by the like of it, and all that is achieved is a hitting.
2. Do not drink water in the house of a merchant: he will charge you for it.
3. Empty not your soul to everybody and do not diminish thereby your importance.
4. For everyone there is an appointed time.
5. God loves him who cares for the poor more than him who respects the wealthy.
6. Inquire about everything that you may understand it. be good tempered and magnanimous, that your disposition may be attractive.
7. One who is serious all day will never have a good time, while one who is frivolous all day will never establish a household.
8. Wine, women and food give gladness to the heart.
8 Ancient Egyptian Proverbs, Page 1 of 11