8 Ancient Egyptian Proverbs
- 1. A blow is repaid by the like of it, and all that is achieved is a hitting.
- 2. Do not drink water in the house of a merchant: he will charge you for it.
- 3. Empty not your soul to everybody and do not diminish thereby your importance.
- 4. For everyone there is an appointed time.
- 5. God loves him who cares for the poor more than him who respects the wealthy.
- 6. Inquire about everything that you may understand it. be good tempered and magnanimous, that your disposition may be attractive.
- 7. One who is serious all day will never have a good time, while one who is frivolous all day will never establish a household.
- 8. Wine, women and food give gladness to the heart.
|Quotes by Power Quotations|