22 Amharic Proverbs
- 1. A disease that fails to finsh us off will continue being condemned forever.
- 2. A fool bull will look only for the green grass without looking the danger of toppling over the steep valley.
- 3. A man who will go mad next year starts to roll up his sleeves this year.
- 4. As porridge benefits those who heat and eat it, so does a child benefit those that rear it.
- 5. By his own hand he wrapped the snake around his neck.
- 6. He who knows much speaks with silence.
- 7. If I could see your face, I would not need food.
- 8. If left on one side it will burn.
- 9. If you spit laying down it will only come back in your mouth.
- 10. It is better to do things when you can prevent them than to cry when you are already suffering and nothing can be done anymore.