31 African American Proverbs
- 1. Ain't no use askin' the cow to pour you a glass of milk.
- 2. All poor people ain't black/ and all black people ain't poor.
- 3. Death don't see no difference 'tween the big house and the cabin.
- 4. Dog don't get mad when you say he's a dog.
- 5. Flies can't fall in a tight-closed pot.
- 6. Hand plow can't make furrows by itself.
- 7. Heaps of good cotton stocks get chopped up from association with the weeds.
- 8. I'm not going to lend you a stick to break my head with.
- 9. If you ask a Negro where he's been, he'll tell you where he's going.
- 10. If you want to keep something secret from black folks, put it between the covers of a book.
|Quotes by Power Quotations|