331 Proverbs about Wine
1. A thousand cups of wine do not suffice when true friends meet, but half a sentence is too much when there is no meeting of minds.
2. Cheese, wine, and a friend must be old to be good.
3. If you see in your wine the reflection of a person not in your range of vision, don't drink it.
4. No melon-peddler cries: Bitter melons. No wine-dealer says: Sour wine.
5. Not wine . . . men intoxicate themselves; not vice . . . men entice themselves.
6. The wine has been poured and must be drunk.
7. A friend to my table and wine, is no good neighbour.
8. A glaring sunny morning, a woman that talks Latin, and a child reared on wine, never come to a good end.
9. A restive morsel needs a spur of wine.
10. Eat bread at pleasure, drink wine by measure.