106 Proverbs about Trees
1. A society grows great when old men plant trees in whose shade they know they shall never sit.
2. He that plants trees loves others besides himself.
3. The day the monkey is destined to die, all the trees get slippery.
4. If all the seeds that fall were to grow, then no one could follow the path under the trees.
5. If you are planning for a year, sow rice; if you are planning for a decade, plant trees; if you are planning for a lifetime, educate people.
6. Just as tall trees are known by their shadows, so are good men known by their enemies.
7. One generation plants the trees, another gets the shade.
8. One generation plants the trees, the next eats the fruit.
9. Great trees give more shade than fruit.
10. Old trees are not to be bent.