38 Proverbs about Plants
1. He that plants trees loves others besides himself.
2. He who plants thorns must never expect to gather roses.
3. One generation plants the trees, another gets the shade.
4. The one who plants the tree is not the one who will enjoy its shade.
5. One generation plants the trees, the next eats the fruit.
6. He who plants a garden plants happiness.
7. If the brain sows not corn, it plants thistles.
8. Plants oft removed never thrive.
9. Wherever there is a pretty spot, the devil plants a monastery or a lord.
10. A lucky person is someone who plants pebbles and harvests potatoes.