1629 Proverbs about Better
1. Worries go down better with soup than without.
2. The palest ink is better than the best memory.
3. Better be ill spoken of by one before all than by all before one.
4. To change and to change for the better are two different things.
5. It is better to light one candle than to curse the darkness.
6. Better be quarrelling than lonesome.
7. Better no law than laws not enforced.
8. Better the foot slip than the tongue.
9. It is better to live for one day as a tiger than to live for a thousand years as a sheep.
10. To live is well, but to live well is better.