28 Proverbs about Afterwards
1. Many a one leaves the roast who afterwards longs for the smoke of it.
2. Many scruple to spit in church, and afterwards defile the altar.
3. The scalded dog fears hot water, and afterwards, cold.
4. Make every bargain clear and plain, that none may afterwards complain.
5. Think first and speak afterwards.
6. He who made fun of the old man, laughed at first and cried afterwards.
7. He who was first an acolyte, and afterwards an abbot or curate, knows what the boys do behind the altar.
8. Hear first, and speak afterwards.
9. Peralvillo justice: hang a man first and try him afterwards.
10. One word beforehand is better than ten afterwards.